Total Time: 75 Minutes
1 Large Yellow Onion
1 Sweet Potato
1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta
1 Small Bag of Spinach
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. While prepping other ingredients, slice onions and put in pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
Stir occasionally so the onions don’t burn, but don’t be afraid for these to cook and turn a deep brown color. We want to caramelize the onions (slow cooking onions until they are richly browned and natural sugars have come out).
The onion will cook down to about 1/2 it’s original size. 3. While the onions are cooking spray your muffin tin with non stick spray (spray well). This is important or the muffins will stick to the dish and fall apart.
4. Slice thesweet potato into thin circular slices so they’ll fit at the bottom of each muffin tin. If you have to cut the slice into pieces to make it fit at the bottom, that’s fine.
5. Put the dish with the sweet potato in the oven for 20 minutes or until fork tender and lightly browned.
6. When the onions have cooled down, add the bag of spinach and cook for 5 minutes on low heat until spinach has cooked down.
7. When the sweet potato is done, pull it out and lower oven temp to 350 degrees. Add a little bit of the onion and spinach mixture into each muffin dish.
8. Crack eggs into large bowl and whisk with 1/4 cup of water. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
9. Pour egg mixture into a liquid measuring cup (this will make it much easier to pour the mixture into the muffin tins and will prevent the eggs from spilling when pouring). Fill each muffin tin with the egg mixture.
10. Crumble a little bit of feta on top of each muffin
11. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean