Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Total Time: 25 Minutes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
1 can corn kernels, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, do not drain (15 oz)
1 box/jar (32 oz) of low sodium chicken broth (I used Pacific Foods Low Sodium Chicken Broth)
3 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I used a 5.3 oz. container)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional: Tortilla strips
1. Heat olive oil in large pan or pot over medium heat.
2. Stir in onions and cook for about 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
4. Add pumpkin, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and chicken broth and stir well.
5. Add in all of the seasonings and chicken and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling, lower the heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
7. Stir in the Greek yogurt and let sit for a few minutes.
8. Optional: add fresh cilantro, avocado, cheese and tortilla chips for additional flavors!