EVERYBODYFIGHTS BOSTON UPDATE: April 1, 2020
UPDATE: ALL FACILITIES CLOSING UNTIL APRIL 7TH
Dear EBF Community,
We have proactively decided to close down operations of all EverybodyFights facilities effective Monday, March 16th until April 7th unless we notify you otherwise. This has not been an easy decision by any means. We understand the power of community during difficult times, and we know the strength that each one of us derives from being a part of this community that we have all built together.
Currently we believe the best course of action is to follow the guidance of doctors and public health officials to stay at home and look after our loved ones, to avoid congregating, and encourage social distancing, all in an effort to support our local government’s goal of flattening the curve over the next week to slow the infection rate of this virus.
Within the next week or sooner, we will communicate to you our plan for all membership questions and fees. For now, we are asking for your patience as we are all in the same boat working as fast as we can to come up with answers as we navigate these uncharted waters to take care of our staff and families. As you can imagine things are moving and changing daily and the health and safety of our fighters and staff will remain our primary focus, but we will move as quickly as we can to get you the straight answers that you deserve. While maintaining safety as our first priority, we will also be working daily to come up with solutions to support the physical fitness and emotional health of our community throughout this time. Thank you for supporting us as you always have.
It is our hope that these actions and the shared sacrifice made by the entire EBF community at this time will inspire others (as others have inspired us) to band together with one common goal: to put the health and safety of those around us first.
As we’ve seen in the speed with which this public health crisis has escalated, every little action that we each take now will contribute to the ultimate outcome. We are all in this together, and we will all be affected by each of our individual choices.
Our sole goal in closing our doors, something that we take very seriously knowing how important EBF is to each one of you, is to protect our fight family and your extended loved ones. We cannot live with the possibility of contributing to the sickness or suffering of anyone in our community at a time like this. Furthermore, we cannot help but think of our parents, grandparents, and our close friends and loved ones who have fragile respiratory and immune systems, and the effects our actions over the next week will have on spreading the virus. It simply does not feel right to contribute to the spread and endanger someone in or outside our community if we can help it.
Without a doubt, we know the next few weeks will be very challenging for our entire community, but we are confident that we will emerge from this fight stronger and better than ever, as we always do. Our community was built on an idea, an idea that in each and every one of us is a fighter and a leader waiting to be unleashed when called upon and today we call upon you to fight together to flatten the curve so that our community can come back together as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or ideas, please reach out to us and we will continue to stay in communication as things develop.
Remember, we CHOSE to fight. We fight hard. We Fight Together. Now let’s do what we do.
UPDATE: EBF COMMUNITY MEMBER & CONTINUED COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
Dear EBF Community,
We have received a lot of messages and questions regarding the member of the Boston community who reported having symptoms consistent with both the flu and COVID-19. We want to first thank you for your concern for your fellow fighters, and for being proactive and trying to arm yourselves with as much information as possible.
While we were hoping to have more information at this point, out of an abundance of caution and our commitment to the health of our community we would like to share the following information that we have learned:
*At this point, it is critical to be clear that we do not have a reported case of COVID-19 at EverybodyFights. There are no reported, nor confirmed cases amongst anyone from the EBF community.
*Just a reminder, if there is a case confirmed, we will communicate this to you. At this time, there is no confirmed case.
- This person has expressed that they are experiencing symptoms consistent with the flu and some of which are also consistent with COVID-19. We do not have anymore information regarding the symptoms, nor has this person been tested for the flu, or any other illnesses.
- This person shared with us that they still have not been able to receive approval to undergo a test for COVID-19.
- This person’s last visit to an EBF facility as far as we know was 8 days ago (March 7th) at our Boston Seaport location where they participated in a Bags class.
- We have no information indicating that this person was experiencing symptoms when they took the class, nor do we know if they were exposed to whatever is causing their symptoms before or after their last visit to EBF.
What We Are Doing: Scroll down this page to read all of our latest updates
What You Can Do:
- Regardless which location you attend or what classes you take, PLEASE continue to take every precaution you can. There are still many unknowns with regard to how contagious this virus is and how it spreads. Click here to find the most up to date information that we have found provided by the CDC
- We would ask that if any one receiving this message is exposed to COVID-19, that you would contact us immediately. Again, if you have any symptoms (a fever, sore throat, a cough, or experience shortness of breath), please minimize your exposure to others and consult your physician.
We understand and appreciate why this information is relevant to each of you, and we will continue to keep everyone posted regarding our COVID-19 precautions and information related to this concern. Updates are coming regularly as this situation develops, and we will continue posting all of them at the link in our bio and sharing them via text message.
UPDATE: ADJUSTED CLASS SCHEDULE, CAPACITIES & STRUCTURE
In an effort to minimize crowdedness and shared surfaces, we have taken additional steps with regard to class schedule, capacity and structure. Please read below for details.
If you signed up for a class next week that has changed times, you will receive an email notification by the end of today. If you’re not currently signed into a class for next week, we suggest you wait until the new class schedule is posted tomorrow morning on our website and booking app. We will continue to implement schedule changes beyond next week based on the information we have and guidance we receive, so please keep an eye on the schedule for further adjustments.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Reduced quantity of classes on the schedule.
- Adjusted class start times to provide 30 minutes between classes within each classroom to allow for cleaning between classes.
- Removed any class that includes person-to-person contact, including MITTS and SPARRING
- Changed all TRAIN classes (with gloves) to TRAIN | cardio or strength so participants can complete the class at one station, rather than rotating from station to station
- Significantly reduced the capacity of all of our classes to allow participants to spread themselves out.
STRUCTURE & PROGRAMMING:
- TRAIN: You will complete the class in one spot, with your own set of equipment, without rotating from station to station. The reduced capacity will allow you to spread out.
- ROAD: You will have your own treadmill and deck.
- BAGS: You can spread out given the reduced capacity.
UPDATE: ACCELERATED CLEANING PROCEDURES
UPDATE: SUSPENDING GLOVE RENTALS
Dear EBF Community,
We will be suspending our glove rental service in an effort to minimize the spreading of germs. If you wish to get your own gloves for future use, we will be providing our current stock at cost.
Thank you for your understanding as we do our best to implement precautionary measures during this time.
COVID-19 Precautions Update – Boston Gyms Closed This Weekend Starting Friday 3/13 to Perform a Deep Clean and Full Sanitization
Dear EBF Community,
Today we were notified by a member of our Boston community that they are showing symptoms of illness that are consistent with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). While they have not been tested yet, and we don’t have a lot of information right now, we feel it is important to notify the EBF community. In an effort to exercise abundant precaution beyond the measures we have already implemented, we have decided to close both the Seaport and FiDi locations in Boston on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (March 13, 14 and 15) in order to perform a deep clean and full sanitization of both facilities. We plan to re-open both facilities on Monday morning unless we provide further notice.
Since the initial outbreak in the U.S., we have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have been doing everything possible to provide a safe and healthy environment for all of our members. These measures include:
- Asking employees to stay home if they don’t feel well
- Adhering to theCDC recommended self-quarantine for any EBF employee traveling through restricted countries
- Significantly increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning (multiple times per day & in real time), including additional wipe downs of high-touch areas with hospital-grade cleaner before and after classes
- Providing additional hand sanitizer locations
We apologize for the inconvenience that the closings may cause. While we know the vast majority of our community is young, healthy and low-risk, we feel strongly that it is our responsibility to be aggressive in our response in an effort to slow the risk of infection for our members, employees, families and the greater community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org